Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fun With Apache Fix

About a month ago I wrote about a weird problem that I was having with Apache in regards to mod_dbd and the MySQL driver. I never did write about what was causing the problem. After much troubleshooting, I discovered that Apache did not like the mod_dbd driver to be used with PHP if PHP had been compiled with MySQL support. I never could figure out why it was a problem, only that it was the cause of the segmentation fault.

Luckily, my company just recently started using VMware ESX server for virtualization, so I simply made another virtual machine to use for Apache with mod_dbd. SVN uses mod_dbd as a backend for authentication and it works beautifully. Come to think of it, I probably should write up an entry on how to configure SVN to work the way I did. It took me long enough to figure it out, that's for sure.

No comments: